Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Satisfied Seoul

I did it.  I finally tried the local cuisine.  However, I made a mistake.  I was told not to eat the chicken.  So I didn't order chicken, but I did order a dish that had an egg on top.  Cross your fingers I don't get the Avian Flu.  Fortunately, I was in Itaewon which is basically like going to Capital Hill.  It is very hip and trendy.  Many shop owners were very nice to me and wanted me to sell me a nice suit.  I kind of wish I wore fancy clothes.  Apparently, I need to dress a bit nicer though.

So the dinner was "ok."  The food was fine, and the over all experience was pleasant enough.  I think I will forever regret not sitting down in Namdaemun when the lady said to me "American Friend!"  I should have sat down and let her serve me food, and just had a nice local lunch.  Instead, I let my fear of not knowing what I could order stop me.  I did finally do it though.  Tomorrow, I will try to bulgogi.  It is a beef BBQ, and I should have tried it tonight.  I only had a few thousand on me, so I limited my meal to what I had on hand.

I only have a few days left, and I'm looking forward to fitting a couple more adventures into my trip.  Hopefully, there will be more to come. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats! i love your adventure!